11 April 2014

The Baking Series: Buttermilk Cake V



Guess what.....I've just discovered one of the best buttermilk cake recipes that I have tasted in a long time....AND I'm giving you the recipe for it.

Am I good to you or what?!

This is one of those perfect recipes for when you need to make your cake in advance, when it needs to be smothered in a heavy icing, and when it needs to stand up strong after being kept in the fridge (you know how some cakes can get a little dry once it has hit the fridge?)







Buttermilk Cake with Vanilla Bean Butter Frosting


https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FzBTRQ1wlW4aBlHkqzT5Fwh_SiUN858ZwkUpzzWAE7s/edit#








I guarantee you'll enjoy this cake as much as I did because the cake itself is moist and not overly sweet (even after leaving a slice in the fridge for three days it tasted exactly the same), however the vanilla bean butter frosting gives a nice sweet punch for all of those sweet tooth people out there.

You're welcome!




2 comments:

  1. Only 160 degrees???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops....my gosh! Thanks for pointing that out as it should be 175 degrees. I've fixed up the recipe now.

      Thanks again! :)

      Delete

Love to hear from you!