10 March 2014

Secret Recipe Club - March !




Bonjour mes amis

I'd like to introduce you to Sara who is the passionate cook and blogger behind Cupcake Muffin since 2007, as she is my Secret Recipe Club partner for March.

Actually, I should say the "recently engaged" Sara

Congratulations Sara!



http://secretrecipeclub.com/



With pages full of recipes to idly scroll and choose from on Sara's site, I rather quickly (surprisingly) made my choice.  I'm sure it won't surprise any of you that I picked a recipe infused with one of my favourite things in the world...lavender!  So in honour of Sara's engagement and the beautiful French countryside, my recipe choice for this month is.....







Oatmeal Lavender Scones






What I think you'll really enjoy about these scones is the subtle, light flavour of them because the lavender does not overpower.  The oats also give a great crunch to the texture.

If you're use to (like me) the texture of traditional English scones, then you'll find this recipe a little different.  These scones are a lot firmer - almost biscuit like in their appearance and crumbly texture, however they go perfectly with a cup of tea, smothered in butter!

Also, the lavender salt on top is like magic fairy dust - such a great addition which you should not leave off, trust me!






21 comments:

  1. Mmm, just the sound of lavender makes these scones sound so luxurious. I will have to give them a try one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect on a nice cool day with a hot pot of tea!

      Delete
  2. These scones sound wonderful! The lavender was such a clever addition instead of nutmeg. I've never had lavender in scones and would love to try this recipe someday! Good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and hope you give them a try!

      Delete
  3. These are honestly almost too pretty to eat - almost, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love lavender and can only imagine how these smelled while baking!
    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look yummy I have always wanted to work with Lavender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourite ingredients to cook with!

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you liked this recipe!! I agree that the lavendar salt on top is totally like magic fairy dust...so delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara - wonderful recipe and congratulations again! I had a great time wondering through your blog this month :)

      Delete
  7. I've never baked with lavender. Sound delicious though. I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to have to make some of your lavender recipes soon. I have a jar of it begging to be used, but I just can't decide how. These scones look like a good place to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that my favourite use of lavender in cooking is actually with savoury food, although I'll say yes to anything with it in - I'm really not too fussy! :)

      Delete
  9. I'm very intrigued by the combination of oatmeal and lavender... it sounds so unusual, but probably quite delicious, too. I may have to track down some lavender salt just so I can try these out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same Isabell, but I absolutely LOVE lavender in cooking so had to give them a try.

      Delete
  10. I'm looking forward to the cooler days too .... Love the scones, they's be perfect with a nice hot cup of tea. I've never used lavender before, I need to get my hands on some and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum yum!!! I recently experimented with lavender too :) http://thesublimesweetness.blogspot.com/2014/03/lavender-lime-shortbread.html

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!