05 March 2014

Food for Thought: Do you snack?

Are you a snacker?
I use to be.  I was one of the millions that could never get past 3pm without a snack of some sort.  Haigs chocolate, jelly babies, cupcake….I really wasn’t fussed!
Now, I can honestly tell you that I am no longer a snacker.  I eat three meals a day, and 99% of the time I’m satisfied right through to the next meal, and I owe it all to eliminating nearly 100%  fructose from my diet about 6 months ago. 

I no longer get that inevitable 3pm slump/sugar craving.
 I’m no longer starving hungry between meals where I think I’m going to die.
 Don’t get me wrong, I still have my moments where I need a little sweet fix, but my sweet tooth register is a hell of a lot lower these days than it was so it doesn’t take too much to satisfy me, and I ALWAYS eat any sweets with my meal (with real food), never on its own.
 Case in point.
When I first made these little truffles, I could taste no sweetness at all.  However now, I actually have to lower the amount of sweetener I add. 
Funny how we change….. 

 



Sweet Potato Truffles
(recipe from the I Quit Sugar Website)





4 comments:

  1. Oh, they look so delicate and pretty! I snack, but more of the savoury kind, and while I enjoy sweet things I prefer my sweet things less sweet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Leaf - these might be your type of snack - enough sweetness to know they're not a savoury treat, but not overly sweet.

      Delete
  2. Did you roast the sweet potato to get maximum sweetness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! (see my post here on what I do....http://chitchatchomp.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/iqs-dreaded-orange-veg.html)

      Delete

Love to hear from you!