15 March 2012

The essence of Autumn muffin style .


Autumn has well and truly hit my kitchen and last Saturday the aromas wafting through my home were the pure essence of Autumn.  Baking, cinnamon and apples = deliciousness!

With the long weekend ahead of me, I was in the mood to bake and God help anyone standing in my way!  I wanted to make some munchies to take with me down the coast when we headed to Flinders for the Piers & Pinot Festival (see here), and I knew exactly what I wanted those munchies to be -



Chunky Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Crumb Topping
(recipe courtesy of How To:  Simplify)






After the wine, the sun and the little lie down, these babies were needed.  However, to be completely honest, I felt they missed the mark a little for my taste buds and I have a few ideas how I'd like to do them next time, so stay tuned.....

5 comments:

  1. Apples and cinnamon is really the pair to beat...Must try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is comfort around thanksgiving. This just draws the picture of falling leaves

    ratedkb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. Couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great. I'll be trying this recipe this weekend! Where did you get the cute muffin papers? Love them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't they gorgeous. There is a tiny little cake decorating shop located in the CBD of Melbourne. It's jam packed with cute little bits and pieces. You've just got to be willing to rummage!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!